The good, the bad, the lonely

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

DAY TWO

Tears,
they flow freely, easily, currently
I can't help it.

Smiles,
are few and far between these days
But i'm trying.

My heart,
is his always
this I hope he knows.

My future,
is bright and waiting
for him to come home.

The Navy,
is calling,
i'm answering with yes.

Poetry is something I used to write all the time, and I guess today that is what my heart is telling me to write. So let me explain the last stanza to you.
Ever since my junior year in high school i was leaning towards going into the navy, going as far as starting the process of applying for NROTC which is a program where the Navy would send me to school all while I was enlisted, so I would go in as an officer. Well because of a horrible requiter, who seemed only to care about a paycheck I decided not to.
I guess everything happens for a reason because if I had chosen to go into the Navy at that time I never would have not been here when Josh came home from boot camp and furthermore I would not have had the chance to tell him my feelings.
Which brings us to now... the Navy has been on my mind ever sense i got back from Josh's boot camp graduation, I'm not sure why, I've just always felt that I was supposed to join the military, so what's a girl to do? Of course ask her parents, especially her dad :)
Talking to my parents was a huge relief! They thought it was a great idea! My dad even set up a meeting with a recruiter and on top of that went with me!
Here is where the story gets interesting, let me tell you I'm not the skinniest girl you will ever meet, I've been athletic my entire life, and of course as a college student there is a lot of eating out, anyways when we did my height to weight ratio I was over by oh i don't know 16 pounds, I'm a short girl, dang. So here is to loosing 20 pounds before I can start the paperwork. But ya know I'm not going to get discouraged, my goal is to run every day I started yesterday November 1st and I WILL loose the weight, get in shape, and make my family, and my marine proud.
I'm sure most of you are wondering, well where does Josh stand on this issue, well it's kind of complicated. We figure, we will be apart no matter what for at least four years, and we are both willing to wait that long to start our new lives together, but while he has his Marine career as an anchor, I really don't have that. Yes I'm in college furthering my education, but I feel stagnant. Like I really don't belong here, that God has bigger and better plans for my future, and I feel it's the Navy.
Who would have thought the Marine Girlfriend would turn into the Navy Girl.

1 comment:

  1. Navy, eh! That's great, Ash!! Thank you for wanting to serve your country, and help to keep all of us safe. I pray only the best for your future, whatever it involves. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete

SOME THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

My photo
First off i'm complicated and at times frustrating, this blog is not only for me to share how i feel about being a marine girlfriend but also to reach out to other military girlfriend, wives, husbands, daughters, etc. I want to know that i'm not alone in this and i'm sure a lot of you do too.